Monday, September 27, 2010

Golf Swing

Just a Basic Easy Golf Swing!

Isn’t that what you’re looking for? A consistent, reliable golf swing that you can count on at that first tee when everyone’s watching?

Ever tell yourself you’d be happy if you could just hit your driver farther than your 9-iron if the golf ball would just go straight?
 
That was me! I bought all the golf magazines I could get my hands on and even a book by a famous golf instructor.
 
For years, I studied golf swing mechanics, golf videos, golf swing instruction, sequences, the back swing, and the follow through.
And after all that advice, I’d step up to that tee and feel like a human pretzel. I still couldn’t swing a golf club!
 
So I had friends who were good golfers watch my golf swing. None of them could fix my golf swing. Maybe they couldn’t help because they’d already forgotten those 2 or 3 little quirks that screwed up their golf swing.
                                                          ...I haven’t forgotten!         

OK! Let’s get started!

Right or wrong, these are some of my thoughts about the basic golf swing.

My goal is to present an easy golf swing at it’s most basic level. I’ll also list some things that I think are myths. Think of this as the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) golf swing.

Learn to crawl here and then you can go for the next level. Are you ready?


Think of your golf stance and golf club grip
as the foundation or launching pad for your swing.

I bet you’ve already tensed up just by reading that. You’re already thinking of that
twisted pretzel feeling.
Relax! A good golf swing setup is just not that tough! The good news is that you
probably have a good athletic golf swing setup and all you need is to brush it up and
be more relaxed.

Golf Grip Tips and Thoughts

golf-balls-115
Please, don’t get me wrong. I realize the importance of setting the golf swing stage with the appropriate grip of the golf club. However, as with the stance, I don’t think this where the typical beginner’s golf swing falls apart.

Golf Equipment

Complete golf club set

Be Relaxed

Regardless of which method you chose to grip the golf club, be sure your golf club grips give you something to grip. You can replace the golf club grips or, if your golf clubs have seen better days, you may want to bypass the repairs and invest that repair money in another set of golf clubs. I would suggest that you look for a bargain on a less expensive set of clubs. You can always get your investment back on that less expensive set and move up to a better set of golf clubs as your golf game improves.

My golf club philosophy is simple. I believe this holds true for most golfers. The less you spend on a set of clubs, the more likely you are to be happy with them.
Whatever grip you choose, just remember to be relaxed. A tight grip on the golf club will kill your golf swing. Your probably heard it before, but grip your golf club as if you’re holding a baby bird. Squeeze too tight and you kill it.

Applying the Proper Golf Grip

Applying the Proper Golf Grip
Start by holding the club directly in front of you with your right hand with the club head pointing away from you at about a 45 degree angle.

Next grip the club with your left hand. The club will be mainly in the palm across the pads at the base of the fingers. however, the club will lie across the first section of the index finger. The thumb will be positioned straight on top of the golf club shaft. Relative to the golf club, the thumb will be in a the twelve o’clock position.

Now, with your right hand, grip the golf club just above your left hand with the fingers, not the palm, of your right hand. The thumb will be positioned slightly off to the left. Relative to the golf club, the thumb will be in a eleven o’clock position.

If you have gripped the golf club correctly, only the first two knuckles of your left hand will be visible. Also, your left thumb should be completely hidden under your right hand.
The index finger position of the right hand will look and feel like a gun trigger finger. This article was written by : www.1st-beginners-golf-swing-tips.com
and brought to you by -  
Gavin French, founder: http://www.perfectgolfpro.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment